Built Green is an industry driven voluntary program that promotes “green” building practices to reduce the impact that building has on the environment. It benefits the homebuyer, the community and the environment.
Built Green BC
July 28, 2010 by colbornezerowaste
The Built Green name adds value to new home construction by promoting and recognizing the use of practices and products that represents resource-efficient and environmentally friendly construction.
The primary purpose of Built Green Canada is to encourage homebuilders to use technologies, products and practices that will:
• Provide greater energy efficiency and reduce pollution
• Provide healthier indoor air
• Reduce water usage
• Preserve natural resources
• Improve durability and reduce maintenance
The program concentrates on four areas of environmental concern:
• Energy Efficiency
• Indoor Air Quality
• Resource Use (including Waste Management)
• Overall Environmental Impact
For more information on BUilt Green BC please visit their site: Built Green