Granola Bars – nummy!
– 1 cup Butter or Margarine
– 1 ½ cups Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
– 1 ½ tbsp Vanilla 2 Cups Brown Sugar
– 1 Cup Corn Syrup
– 6 Cups Quick Oats
– 1 Cup Coconut (toasted) Unsweetened
– 1 Cup Raw Sunflower Seeds
– 1 Cup Sesame Seeds Toasted
– 2 Cups Chocolate Chips
– 1 Cup Raisins
– 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
What to do
– In a skillet, toast Coconut, Sunflower Seeds, & Sunflower Seeds and set aside to cool.
– In a large mixing bowl, cream together Butter, Peanut Butter (almond butter), Vanilla & brown Sugar
– Add Corn Syrup and then mix in remaining ingredients. (make sure the nuts are completely cool)
– Press into a greased 12 x 18 inch cookie sheet.
– Bake in 350 oven for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.
– Let cool slightly and cut while still warm.
Notes from the author:
*****the original recipe said to substitute 1 cup of raisins for the chocolate chips but I added everything. I also added whole almonds and pumpkin seeds. The original recipe had suggested substituting almonds for the sunflower seeds. I also reduced the butter to 2/3 of a cup and the corn syrup by the same amount. I also cut down the brown Sugar to 1 cup. For a first time I would attempt to make only ½ a recipe and use a 13 x 9 cake pan. Mixing up this amount of ingredients is quite the challenge.