An earth-friendly companion to the backyard composter, the Green Cone System is a smart, easy-to-use, efficient household tool, reducing waste and eliminating the problem of food disposal. It’s a clean, healthy way to minimize your family’s kitchen trash while helping the environment.
The one-of-a-kind kitchen waste eliminator
You already recycle. You may even already compost your garden waste. Now, with The Green Cone by Solarcone, you can eliminate your kitchen waste, reducing your family’s trash by 20%.
The Green Cone reduces food waste to its natural components of water, carbon dioxide and a small residue. The solar-heated garden unit safely eliminates all cooked and uncooked food waste, including meat, fish, bones, dairy products, vegetables and fruit.
The Green Cone System allows you to:
- Reduce your household waste by 20% or more.
- Dispose of food waste immediately.
- Keep your garbage cans clean and odor-free.
- Keep remaining household waste clean and ready for recycling.
But most of all, the Green Cone system is beneficial to the environment. By using it, you can help conserve our precious landfill space and reduce the use of garbage truck fuel. Most importantly, you’ll conserve our earth’s natural resources, by decreasing the workload of large-scale treatment plants.
Whether you’re an environmentally responsible homeowner, a large family with significant kitchen waste, or the manager of a community recycling program, the Green Cone System is an invaluable tool to help you eliminate your food disposal problem… forever!
How it Works…
Returning natural products to their source!
The Green Cone is a four-part injection molded unit, comprised of:
- Lower base unit basket, installed below the ground
- Black inner cone
- Green outer plastic cone
- Custom-fitted lid
The diameter of the outer Green Cone is 23 inches at its base and 11.5 inches at the lid end. The in-ground food waste digestion chamber is 17 inches deep. The Green Cone stands less than 28 inches above the ground.
The Green Cone takes all household food waste, including vegetable scraps, raw and cooked meat or fish, bones, dairy products and other organic kitchen waste (e.g. tea bags, bread, etc.). Solarcone offers a convenient one-gallon Kitchen Caddy for collecting and carrying household food waste to the Green Cone.
The patented design of the unit utilizes a solar heating effect between the inner and outer cones to promote air circulation, which facilitates the growth of beneficial micro-organisms and the desirable aerobic digestion process. The household food waste is converted into water, carbon dioxide and a small amount of residue.
Because over 90% of the waste material in the Green Cone is absorbed safely as water by the soil, the Green Cone only needs to be cleaned once every few years when treated with care!
Easy to use for the whole family…
Once The Green Cone is properly installed it will soon become an invaluable household tool that you’ll use every day. Solarcone offers a variety of products that makes the Green Cone System easy to use for the entire family:
Green Cone Kitchen Caddy
The Green Cone Kitchen Caddy is a convenient accessory that is kept in your kitchen to reduce the number of trips you make to your Green Cone. Throughout the day, food waste is stored in the caddy before it is taken to your Green Cone. The lid of the caddy contains a filter to eliminate any possible odors in your kitchen.
The Green Cone is designed to eliminate:
- 1 full caddy (1 gallon of waste) every 1-2 days during summer
- 1 full caddy (1 gallon of waste) every 2-3 days during winter
Remember to add Accelerator Powder during the winter months.
Solarcone also offers BiOWiSH™ Compost Boost. The enzymes in BiOWiSH rapidly increase thE natural decomposition and composting process to significantly increase the performance of your digester or compost bin
Used regularly BiOWiSH™ Compost Boost is the easiest and most cost effective way to remove odors, discourage pests and rodents, and increase composting performance.
Dealing with Household Waste
The Green Cone is an integral part of dealing with your household waste. It eliminates your cooked and uncooked kitchen food waste, including meat, fish, bones, dairy products, vegetables, fruit, peelings, etc. Virtually the only exceptions are bulk amounts of food related materials that require a very long time to breakdown, namely: cooking oil/fat and the hard shells of nuts and seafood, such as oysters and crabs.
What CAN go into the Green Cone
What CANNOT go into the Green Cone
Red Meat & Poultry
Fruit including peelings
Vegetables including peelings
Cooked food scraps
Crushed egg shells
Disinfectant & bleaches
“Special treatment items”
- Choose a sunny spot in the garden — the sunnier the better.
- If your soil drains well, dig a hole 32″ wide and 24″ deep. If you live in an area of heavy clay or chalk where drainage isn’t as good, dig a hole 36″ wide and 28″ deep.
- Mix some of the soil from the hole with gravel and/or compost for backfilling later. In areas of heavy clay or chalk, include gravel, small stones, small pieces of broken terracotta pots, or small pieces of broken bricks in the mixture to aid drainage.
- Place the mixture in the base of the hole so that the base of the basket is 1″ below ground level at the base of the hole.
- Place the assembled Green Cone in the hole. Ensure the top of the black basket and the bottom lip of the green outer cone are below ground level.
- Backfill the gap around the Green Cone with the mixture until the bottom lip of the Green Cone is fully covered.
Your installation is complete!
Your Green Cone is now ready for years of productive use. Post-installation, be sure to periodically check your soil level, which may drop with heavy rain. To check, make sure that the bottom lip of the green outer cone is fully covered, adding backfill as needed.