The Recycling Depot is located at Sixth Ave. & McBride Blvd., adjacent to the Canada Games Pool, and is available for use by all New Westminster residents.
Hours of Operation:
Wednesday through to Sunday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
(Closed Mondays & Tuesdays)
The Depot Accepts:
- tin and aluminum cans
- code 1 through 5 plastics
- glass (separated by colour)
- mixed paper
- corrugated cardboard
- clean green (yard) waste
- used motor oil and filters
- car batteries
- metal items (including hot water tanks, microwaves, barbeques, refrigerators, empty propane tanks and other appliances)
- soft plastics (plastic bags)
- household batteries (new!)
The Depot Does NOT Accept:
- tree stumps
- rocks and dirt
- mattresses, boxsprings
- televisions, computers and computer accessories*
- hazardous materials (except paint)
- textiles (clothing)
- beverage containers and milk carton**
- construction waste (gyproc, concrete, lumber, asphalt)
Commercial vehicles are NOT permitted to deposit material at the City’s Depot
* Can be recycled at the Salvation Army at 774 Columbia Street (rear entrance)
** Can be returned to Encorp Pacific (Canada). For enquiries call 604-473-2400
The Depot now accepts rechargeable and non-rechargeable household batteries. Recycling your household batteries keeps heavy metals out of landfills and allows for safe separation and recovery of materials for re-use!
Or if you wish to dispose of only the rechargeable battery types (e.g. nickel cadmium, nickel metal hydride, lithium ion), “The Source” by Circuit City, London Drugs and Best Buy in New Westminster recycle them for free.
Unfortunately the Depot no longer accepts computers or computer accessories as part of their recyclables at this time, however, you can continue to recycle computers and/or computer accessories through the Salvation Army (Encorp Program) at 774 Columbia Street.