Residential Garbage Collection
- Receptacles should be placed at the lane or curb by 7:30 am on collection day.
- Only 2 (two) standard bags/cans will be collected from single family dwellings.
- For homes that contain a registered suite, a maximum of four standard receptacles will be collected each week.
- City Garbage Bylaw defines receptacle as a watertight can or plastic bag with a capacity of two and one half cubic feet (75 liters or 15.6 gallons) and must not exceed 23 Kg or 50 lbs in weight.
- Each additional standard receptacle should be tagged in order to have it collected on garbage collection day.
- Tags for extra items may be purchased from City Hall or the Community Centres.
Commercial Garbage Collection
The City offers a garbage collection service to businesses. For more information on garbage collection options and fees, please call Engineering Operations at 604-526-4691
Special Pick Up (SPU) Service
For larger items requiring disposal, the City may be able to offer a Special Pick Up (SPU) where the item(s) will be picked up from the curb for a fee. Special pick up requests are initiated by the resident by calling Engineering Operations at 604-526-4691. A quotation is placed in the resident’s mailbox and prior to collection, the service must be paid at City Hall, Finance Dept.