Dog waste is a big problem and there are things we can do about it besides chucking it into the garbage in a Safeway plastic bag! Here are some reasons dog poop is so foul and contributes to water pollution:
- Stormwater carries pet waste and other pollutants directly into waterways.
– Pet waste can release ammonia into the water which can kill fish and other aquatic life. At the same time, it can stimulate excessive growth of algae and other aquatic weeds.
– lllegal to send to landfills in many states.
– The typical dog produces 274 pounds of waste each year, according to the Natural Resources Conservation Service.
– Unfortunately, if you put Lassie’s waste in a plastic bag, it takes up to 100 years to decompose.
So – what can you do? Here are three solutions for you to consider:
- Specially tuned for pet waste: lower air flow, mixing, and heat than our other composters, to avoid drying out or over processing the compost.
– Compost automatically discharged when ready.
– Great solution for city living and apartment and condo residents who want to stop sending all that kitchen waste to the dump.
– Can be used indoors or out.
– Plugs into a standard power outlet.
– 50 cents a month to run. 10 watts of power.
- Stainless steel components for continuous heavy loads.
– Ideal for large families, gourmet cooks, offices, or small restaurants.
– Available in designer colors.
– Foot pedal for convenient hands-free operation.
– Security lock feature included.
- Handle droppings of 2 medium dogs
– Easy to use compact unit
– Worm Farm
– Power of nature to recycle pet waste
– Worms eat bacteria so odor free
– No chemicals used
So no more excuses – help the world and composte your dog waste!